Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A most tempting Delight

Well, hello there, Dolls!

Right now...my house smells delicious. It smells of Turkish Delight. Aaaaah. Turkish Delight is the name of one of the scents in my line of products, catchy, yes? I prefer pretty simple blends that are almost singular note reminiscent, at least for now...anyhow, this makes Turkish Delight consist of only Lemon and Rose Absolute. The name is a direct nod to the Snow Queen in Narnia who tempted poor Edmund with Turkish Delight. As a child, our family frequented a shop called Crabtree & Evelyn. If you are lucky enough to live in a town that has this shop, or you happen to frequent Harrod's of London, you know the delights that lay inside. At one point,  years ago, before shipping became an issue, Crabtree imported their line of tea snacks into it's American shops. One of the products was my beloved Turkish Delight. The first thing that struck this young Bombshell was the packaging, it could best be described as a miniature hatbox. White, with the most beautiful illustrations of tea roses. When one opened it, the beautiful scent of roses wafted off of these tiny, sugar powdered squares. Heavenly. A bite into them was pure bliss. A couple short years after being introduced, Crabtree pulled it from American shelves, as they felt it was too costly to import. Had my 11 year old self known this was going to happen, I surely would have stockpiled it.

Since then I have been on a quest for the perfect Turkish Delight. I have ordered from the Middle East, from Europe, and yes, had it brought back to me from England. Nothing is as good, not even remotely, to Crabtree & Evelyn's. My only hope will probably be to take a trip to London myself, and go to the flagship store myself. Certainly if they do not carry it anymore, they can give me the secret to where I can find it.....

My line of Turkish Delight bath bombs, bath salts, soap and soy candles will have to hold me over in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. That has me feending to smell it.
    haha. your good at selling your stuff.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful...Turkish Delight is such an unusual combo....I wonder what Crabtree and Evelyn's Rosewater line would be like...might be worth a sniff!

    ReplyDelete